Friday, November 02, 2007

NYC/ Queens/ L.I. Tour #6- Meeting Aunt Nub

At long last, my portrait of the sweet and quirky Aunt Nub (click on her blog here). An interesting and fun Confluence experience: I've had very few in my blogging life. On the Saturday of my week in NY, we met up at Grand Central Station, took a speedy subway ride downtown and roamed around my old neighb, the East Village. We had pizza in a funky little pizzeria on St. Mark's Place.

Aunt Nub gave me a goody bag full of treats and toys for my kitties Speedo and Sunshine, which they are still thoroughly enjoying! Kitty Kaviar, mmmmm, delicious! She and her hubbie Skip are running a pet supply store in her hometown, so that's the reason for the abundant feline surpises! :-)

BTW, Aunt Nub is HEAVILY TATTOOED. I was shocked! Only kidding, she has five tattoos (so far). I had to practically restrain her from getting a sixth one in a sleazy joint on St. Mark's Place. I had no idea she was that kind of girl. Don't let her conservative looks deceive you. She was apparently an out-of-control Punk-Rocker back in the Eighties.

I'm sorry I missed my other East Coast AOL pals on this visit, but don't worry guys, there's always next time, and I totally understand that these things don't always work out-- it was very last minute, I realize.

Still to come: more Art, more Queens...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

THERE'S my smiley friend!! Geeze, I miss her. Haven't seen her since year ago August :huge pout:
I'm surprised she didn't get your name tattooed on her butt, hehe. I wouldn't put it past her ! :)

So guess where I'm going next weekend?

Long Island. To Kat's.

I KNOW!!!!!

:) love, Phinney

8:14 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Howdy! Grinning back at my picture from this side of the computer (& the country)! The picture is a little grainy & I could've opened my eyes a little wider, but I'm digging it.

Maybe I should've taken Phinney's advice in her comment here & gotten your name tattooed on my butt!!! :grin: I really wish she could've joined us. :sigh:

So glad your kitties are enjoying the goodies!

Smooches,
~Aunt Nub~

7:46 AM  
Blogger sunflowerkat said...

I'm so glad that it worked out for you and Liz to get together. She is SUCH fun!!

Next time Albert....we've missed two chances so third time's a charm.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home